Macadamia and Salted Caramel Friands
5 large egg whites
220 grams soft brown sugar
185 grams butter melted. Plus extra melted butter for greasing friand moulds.
125 grams almond meal
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 level teaspoon of sea salt
75 grams of plain flour, sifted
50 grams if macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Brush friand moulds with melted butter.
- Whisk egg whites lightly until amalgamated.
- Thoroughly stir in sugar, to ensure all lumps are gone.
- Mix in butter, almond meal, macadamia nuts, vanilla and salt.
- Sift in the flour and fold in lightly.
- Spoon mixture into moulds. Place filled tins onto a tray and place in the centre of the preheated oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden on top and springy to the touch.
- Stand in moulds for a minute or two before turning out
It’s no coincidence that all Kendall Talbot's books have at least one character who loves to cook. She loves food, she loves to eat it, loves to cook it and Kendall loves to write about it too.
This recipe book is a collection of all the scrumptious treats her character, Rosalina, cooks in her romance books: Treasured Secrets and Treasured Lies.