Here’s 12 things I learnt at the ARRA night of nights:
1) The ARRA community loves romance, champagne, killer heels and bling. No nail polish, lipstick or handbag colour is too bright.
2) Bronwyn Parry’s weapon of choice is a knitting needle and
Anna Campbell accepted her Continuing Romance Series
Award even after she was ‘murdered’ in the mock who-done-it.
3) Twenty strangers preparing for their first kiss is guaranteed to keep an ARRA audience enthralled for at least five minutes.
4) It’s exciting enough to win one award but when it comes to Helene Young, Anna
Cowan, and Kylie Scott, each of these lovely,
talented ladies won two.
5) Shannon Curtis may be fussy about the colour of her leather jacket, but she’s quick at finding all the handsome men in a crowd.
6) Of course, Kelly Hunter’s Short Category
Romance Award was The One That Got Away.
8) ARRA is now Allegiance Sworn to Kylie Griffin for her Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Futuristic Romance
11) Rachel Johns will have Outback Dreams forever with her Sexiest Hero Award.
12) And Nilina Singh’s night of reckoning was completed with a Paranormal Romance Award.
There is one thing that was predictable though: When it comes to romance you can always guarantee you’ll have a ‘Happy Ending.’
ARRA and thank you to everyone who voted for me and Lost In Kakadu